Friday, December 6, 2013

Friday Inspiration - Fiber Art Books

In case you're in the need of a fiber art book as a gift or to put on your wish list, here are three of my favorite I purchased this year.



I just bought Barbara Parry's new book Adventures in Yarn Farming and can hardly put it down!  Her adventures in beginning raising sheep are fascinating to read - especially since this is a direction I would like to go.  And interspersed through out are yarn projects ... knitting, spinning, weaving.  The photography is gorgeous!  You can take a look at it on Amazon here.




I'd been looking for a book like Sheila Smith's felt fabric designs for years!  This is a great resource for anyone from beginners to more experienced felters.  Here are a few sample photos:






I bought Christen Brown's Embroidered & Embellished last summer while I was working on embellished embroidery pieces - it's a great resource when you just can't think of another different stitch to add in.  And it's wonderful eye candy to drool over!  You can look inside on Amazon here.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment