Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Tiger Moth Continues ....

I've begun adding the first layer of textured stitches to my Agreeable Tiger Moth piece - lots of fun and I just wish I had more time to sit and work on it!  So far I've used good old french knots, feather stitch, and a buttonhole wheel cup (which I learned from Sharon Boggon's site!).  


The buttonhole wheel cup adds great texture and a little height.  You start with a buttonhole wheel ...


and then work a detached buttonhole stitch around the edge of the circle.





If you use fewer stitches around the edge, the buttonhole wheel curls up a bit - like a cup.

See those little puffs in with the french knots?


They're actually french knots also, but done with a new to me embroidery thread that's becoming one of my favorites - it's velvet!  I can think of all kinds of cool ways to use this ....


I also used it with the feather stitch.



Well - off to another day of working on the chicken run and stealing a few moments for embroidery!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Lots of wonderful stitches! I can see why you are enjoying this piece.

    ReplyDelete