Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday Sewing - Still Crazy with Denim


I am determined to finish this denim crazy quilt!  This week I got twelve more squares done - I have hopes of finishing them up by next week.  Maybe ... if I don't get distracted.  Originally, I planned on only using a few of the iron-on embroidered patches, but I liked how they looked and quickly used up my small supply.  So I ordered a bunch more.  They arrived this week, and they're beautiful!  I used two companies that are new to me - Laughing Lizards and Applique Buffet.  Both have huge selections and were very prompt in getting me what I ordered.  I also decided I needed more lace and lace appliques.  These I got from my favorite Etsy lace store - Mary, Not Martha.  She's prompt and has an amazing selection.

So here's what I ended up with this week:













Happy Creating!


Deborah

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cool project, I can't wait to see how it turns out! It's a neat way to recycle and experiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindos trabalhos. É inspiração para realizar novos trabalhos com reutilização de jeans, como alguns que já postei como este - http://blogdocemomento.blogspot.com.br/2011/10/porta-revistas.html
    Espero te encontrar em "Doce Momento"
    bjs
    bel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see your finished quilt. I think it's going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm actually about finished with all 35 squares and am deciding how to put it together and back it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been working with denim for sometime now....I make bags,clutches and such. I'm working on a quilt for my son using all his old denim jeans that he's outgrown. Love your work. Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete